« Home | dEath » | oVerdUed CoveRage » | sAtisFaCtioN » | Friendship » | I am Blessed » | Ignorance » | An Awesome Day » | It's a mothers thing » | Post - dated POST » | lost, confused, paraniod »

Stand UP! Fight!

Domination of different kind isn’t really my thing. I believe in liberty; of equal rights, of respect, of ethics, of peace.

I have been in an instance where Filipinos are oppressed not once but twice! I was in a grocery store and I saw this man holding the butt of this Filipino lady… the lady was furious and didn’t know what to do… the man walked away..

The second instance was on me... I was still in that place looking for a nice smelling perfume for our car. I smelled smoke. So my reaction was to close my nose since I am allergic to it and don’t want my polyps to swell.. The next thing I knew, this man was shouting at me and telling me to go back to my country! He even told me why I am closing my nose and that this is not my country!!! WHAT! This fellow expat is telling me like this!! Yelling at me like he owned me…this cant be… I was beaming with anger. I was so furious that this man was yelling at me and things he was telling.. john heard somebody yelling but didn’t know I was the one being yelled at.. the moment he saw me, he asked what happened. He talked to this guy but instead, the guy turned him down calling john names. He even told john he was acting like a big boy!!! Is he nuts? He touched john on the arms... Everybody was looking at us.. I told not to touch. I was so angry I told him this cant be. I cannot just let his misdemeanor pass. We walked out! I told him I’ll call the manager… he answered bravely to call the manager. I told him to come and we’ll settle this in front of authorities…He thought we were the kind of people who are just willing to be stepped into. HE WAS WRONG! I talked to the supervisor and the supervisor talked to him. Can you guess what happens next?

The guy turned the blame on us!! He told the supervisor that we started everything.. DUH!?! I told the supervisor that it was very unethical of him to shout at me and tell things like that. And it is very rude of him to smoke and in the mall which I believe is a non-smoking mall... Ok even if the mall is smoking mall, if somebody smokes, then there would be reactions and smokers should be ready for it. and nobody should shout! all in all, the supervisor was apologetic of the mans behavior.

As for me, my anger didn’t subside yet... I told john that I should have asked for a personal apology which I didn’t really got!!! Until now, at this writing, I am still wondering what kind of human rights they have here… I’ll probably be an activist than be treated like that.

So my dear oppressed, let’s all join hands and fight for our right. This may be not our land, but this is our world. We all have the right to live a peaceful, respected life. Stand up! Fight!
brAt